Slider Update – Tab Feature Coming Together

×

This post was originally published in 2009
It may contain stale & outdated information. Or it may have grown more awesome with age, like the author.

As I finally reached a programming goal I had set – the tab hover javascript was working fairly well – I realised that users would want the option of positioning the tabs in the middle or corners of Slider’s four sides. Initially I had assumed it would be OK for users to have tabs positioned only in the center of either of the four sides.

Great, I thought. This shouldn’t be too bad – just increase the number of radio buttons available and position the tabs accordingly.

Four hours later, I “achieve” a build of Slider that exports without the dreaded Uncaught Exception 10.

None of the Javascript works, turns out that was where the final erroneous lines were. Not in the 6 other class files I combed through. Duh.

The radio buttons for selecting tab position changed from:

Ugh, these are so yesterday

Ugh, these are so yesterday

to:

Positioning Radios as they should be.

Positioning Radios as they should be.

Here is an example of the type of thing you’ll be able to do with Slider, when the rewrite is finally done:

It's getting there!

It's getting there!

Finally, I feel like the hours I’ve spent mashing my hands on my keyboard are starting to show results.

Not working, releasable results, but results all the same.

Still not working: arrows, timer, content (!), table row repositioning, titles, text shadow, effects (or any sliding at all, come to think of it), cell links.

I have another project that I will soon have to devote serious time to, but I’ll continue plugging away at Slider, I’m excited about the new version!

No comments | Trackback