Meta Mate 1.0.13 Released

Meta Mate 1.0.12 update

I’ve just released an update to Meta Mate, a meta tag management plugin for Rapid Weaver. 

The update brings the following improvements & fixes:

  • Added cruftless links option to page URL automation. Thanks Allan Bazinet for the excellent idea!
  • Re-added code that ensures the standard defaults are always present.
  • Meta Mate trello board is now public!

    Feel free to use it to report issues and suggest / vote for new features!
  • Fixed warning displayed when one attempts to publish or export a Meta Mate page.

I’d like to thank Allan one more time for suggesting such a great feature!

Learn more about Meta Mate.

Have any suggestions or questions? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments | Trackback

Meta Mate 1.0.12 Released!

I’ve just released an update to Meta Mate, a meta tag management plugin for Rapid Weaver. Added “keywords” predefined meta type, fixed the font rendering in the license view, and updated the warning displayed when one adds more than one instance to a project.

Comments (2) | Trackback

How to Open Rapid Weaver in Terminal

You use RapidWeaver. You’ve downloaded the latest greatest plugin and can’t wait to try it out. You install it …and… nothing. After contacting the developer, and they go through basic trouble shooting with you. That goes no-where. Eager for more information on the issue, the developer asks you to please open RapidWeaver in the Terminal, and copy-paste any output to them.

This article describes exactly how to do this.

First, you’re going to open Terminal. It is located within the “Utilities” sub-folder of your standard “Applications” directory.

Terminal Location in OS X

Next, open Terminal.

Now find RapidWeaver, and drag it into the open Terminal window.

Drag RapidWeaver into the open Terminal window

Next, paste the following onto the end the line in Terminal that was created when you dropped RapidWeaver onto it:

/Contents/MacOS/RapidWeaver

Make sure that there is no space between “RapidWeaver.app” and the extra text you’ve pasted. It should look something like this:

Terminal Ready

Now, click inside the Terminal and press Enter. Notice that RapidWeaver will start, and some (possibly a lot!) text will appear in the Terminal window. This text is gold for developers.

If whatever issue you’re experiencing requires certain actions to replicate, perform those actions – RapidWeaver might be printing information related to the issue in the Terminal. After you’ve replicated the issue, select all of the text inside the Terminal window and paste it into an email, then send it off to whoever you’re working with.

Comments (2) | Trackback

Facelift!

Yesterday, on my day off I found my hands refused to quit typing code. Not wanting to get overloaded with work programming, I thought I’d give my own site some much-needed attention. After installing all the crap I use to “make updating my site easier” /sarcasm, I found that sometime between now and the last update ( Jan 2010 ) I had lost the template files for the site. This was a big deal, because without the template files, there is no way for me to make minor changes.

After sobbing and rocking in the corner for an hour or so, it occurred to me that I should not ignore the idea that I could instead make major changes to the site. So I did.

I hunted around the ‘net to find a suitably awesome theme – I don’t have time to hand-code this site like I would when I’m on the job. I found one at NCD ThemesN Spire. I’ve modified it a little, both to make it work well with WP-Blog, and because there were a few niggly things I didn’t like. I feel the end result is very pleasing on the eye. Thanks Nick!

On a somewhat amusing note, one of the things that most attracted me to this theme was the massive background image and the potential for me to use my own images in place of the stock pictures supplied. After toying around with my own images for some time, I found that they suck in comparison. In my defense, I lost most of the pictures I took in Hong Kong after we got our new camera, some of them would have been perfect *sob*.

No comments | Trackback

Slider Update – Tab Feature Coming Together

As I finally reached a programming goal I had set – the tab hover javascript was working fairly well – I realised that users would want the option of positioning the tabs in the middle or corners of Slider’s four sides. Initially I had assumed it would be OK for users to have tabs positioned only in the center of either of the four sides.

Great, I thought. This shouldn’t be too bad – just increase the number of radio buttons available and position the tabs accordingly.

Four hours later, I “achieve” a build of Slider that exports without the dreaded Uncaught Exception 10.

None of the Javascript works, turns out that was where the final erroneous lines were. Not in the 6 other class files I combed through. Duh.

The radio buttons for selecting tab position changed from:

Ugh, these are so yesterday

Ugh, these are so yesterday

to:

Positioning Radios as they should be.

Positioning Radios as they should be.

Here is an example of the type of thing you’ll be able to do with Slider, when the rewrite is finally done:

It's getting there!

It's getting there!

Finally, I feel like the hours I’ve spent mashing my hands on my keyboard are starting to show results.

Not working, releasable results, but results all the same.

Still not working: arrows, timer, content (!), table row repositioning, titles, text shadow, effects (or any sliding at all, come to think of it), cell links.

I have another project that I will soon have to devote serious time to, but I’ll continue plugging away at Slider, I’m excited about the new version!

No comments | Trackback